Datalink Data Center Virtualization Services
Drive dramatic improvements in utilization across storage, servers, and networks – increasing overall agility and aligning resources with organizational goals. Work with Datalink for data center virtualization, and realize greater efficiency, scalability, and performance.
Virtualization infrastructure services overview
Data center virtualization technologies are an essential component for driving efficiency, enhancing service levels, and optimizing performance in the IT operation. However, they also introduce complexity that requires architecture planning and modifications to accommodate extraordinary levels of availability, recoverability, performance, scalability, and end-to-end provisioning.
Following a virtualization model built from best practices is the ideal method for making the most of any virtualization strategy. As part of the SolutionScape™ Services Suite, Datalink's proven data center virtualization infrastructure services can help you properly architect your IT infrastructure for your virtual environment – whether you're launching any combination of network, server, or storage virtualization.
With our data-driven analysis and qualitative review, we give you the tools you need to manage the complexities inherent to virtualized environments. Ultimately, our broad range of expertise and step-by-step, incremental strategies enable you to reap the full benefits of your network, server, or storage virtualization solutions. We independently assess the many alternatives available in the market and ensure that you select the options best suited to your needs.
- Get an end-to-end view — Our services provide an end-to-end view of your infrastructure, including servers (both physical and virtual), applications, and storage. With this cross-domain visibility and information about how each area is interrelated, you'll better identify problems and properly plan for the future.
- Dramatically reduce costs — Data center virtualization strategies offer significant advantages, notably the reductions in power, cooling, and footprint costs. Our engineers assess your needs and provide specific solutions and business analysis to help justify projects across servers, storage, and networks.
- Solve today's dilemmas — With detailed reports that include key metrics such as application contention and infrastructure response time, you'll have the information to solve immediate problems.
- Avoid future issues — A broad view of information can help you prevent problems from occurring. For instance, we'll show you where resources are being requested, so you can properly balance those resources. We'll clearly articulate the impact of the backup operation on your infrastructure and project how different scenarios could improve it.
- Eliminate the guesswork — Our analytical approach enables you to properly design and align your infrastructure for your virtual environment. You can be confident in your decisions, as they will be based on concrete data. Our data center virtualization services are designed with expertise and are put together with performance in mind.
The benefits of data center virtualization:
- Integrate storage strategy with server virtualization to provide the highest data center efficiency.
- Scale server virtualization to include more mission-critical applications.
- Easily isolate and resolve performance problems and backup exposures.
- Enable a less complex and more cost-effective approach to disaster recovery.
- Consolidate storage islands while optimizing storage to complement virtualized servers.
- Improve provisioning across multiple storage platforms.
- Provide consolidated network strategies from servers to storage.
Datalink data center virtualization services are driven by robust analytics management software, provided by Datalink and powered by Akorri BalancePoint™. This proven technology is part of StorageScape™, our suite of tools designed to help organizations better optimize IT infrastructures.
Data center virtualization services offered:
Virtual infrastructure audit — With the virtual infrastructure audit, the bulk of data is collected through our automated tool. The audit includes:
Virtual infrastructure assessment — The virtual infrastructure assessment features all the elements of the audit. Beyond this, our experts will do more exhaustive onsite data collection and provide additional, detailed qualitative analysis, including:
- A pre-engagement call to review your current environment and define the scope of analysis
- Installation and configuration of the automated tool
- 30-day access to StorageScape
- Onsite interviews with key IT owners regarding business metrics and requirements
- Offsite data analysis by Datalink
- Presentation of virtualization audit report, including detailed cross-domain analytics
- Strategic guidance focused on improving specific aspects of your virtual infrastructure
- Tactical recommendations spanning technologies and proposed solution designs, processes required, and implications for existing resources
- Roadmap for the future
Clear information for immediate business benefits
Datalink virtualization manager services provide visibility into your VMware environment, enabling better utilization of storage resources. You can monitor your VMware environment with no drain on your internal resources, and use the information provided to improve long-term planning, drive efficient storage utilization, and increase performance.
As a long-term strategic partner of VMware, Datalink has extensive expertise and a thorough understanding of VMware solutions and best practices. Put our VMware and virtualization experience to work for you – and reclaim wasted space and optimize your virtualization environment for today and tomorrow.
Strategic value to your organization
Our data center virtualization infrastructure services enable you to easily identify and resolve problems in your virtualized environment. Additionally, you can be more proactive in designing an architecture that supports maximum efficiency, performance, and scalability. With multiple groups in your organization sharing a common blueprint, you can diagnose issues more quickly and make informed decisions regarding which technologies, processes, and resources to apply and how to evaluate the resulting improvements. The end result drives ongoing increased business value to your organization. Our experts can help you streamline your operations today – and get the most from data center virtualization.
The Datalink V-Scape™ proven reference architecture provides a foundation for building a virtual data center.
From strategy to support, Datalink works closely with you to maximize the value of your IT investments.
Find objective insights regarding the latest data center techniques and technologies.