Datalink Backup and Recovery Services
Make sure your IT infrastructure has the proper backup and recovery capabilities for the smooth operation of your business. Datalink optimizes backup and recovery processes for maximum results at every phase of your storage infrastructure.
Backup assessment services overview
A part of the proven SolutionScape™ Services Suite, Datalink backup assessment services leverage our heritage in storage and our experience implementing solutions for the Fortune 500 – providing you with in-depth analysis of the performance of your backup and recovery operations. You'll come away with key information that will help you evaluate the processes and technologies that support your data protection strategy. Armed with this knowledge, your organization can more effectively identify problems and take corrective actions, thereby enhancing your overall backup and recovery operation.
Our approach to backup assessments:
- In-depth, quantitative analysis — Driven by technology-led tools, our services provide detailed reports identifying restore bottlenecks and success and failure metrics.
- Qualitative data collection — Through onsite interviews with your key stakeholders, we gain a better understanding of your environment. We know the types of questions to ask – and the level of detail that needs to be gathered – to gauge the overall health of your backup and recovery operation.
- Recommendations for next steps — After interpreting the quantitative output and our findings from our qualitative analysis, we offer suggestions for using best-available technologies to improve your backup and recovery operation.
The benefits of backup assessments:
- Clear metrics — Measure the performance of your organization's backup technologies and promptly pinpoint and solve issues.
- Solid benchmarking — Recognize if your organization is meeting its service-level agreements.
- Tactical and strategic guidance Use technology-driven monitoring and data collection, combined with Datalink qualitative analysis, to improve operations and make informed decisions regarding technology purchases.
- Compliance — Increase the reliability of backup and recovery in your organization and better adhere to policies that govern the integrity of your data.
Backup reporting services overview
Datalink backup reporting services give your organization visibility to key data so you can proactively gauge the health of your backup and recovery architecture. We arm you with in-depth qualitative reporting so you can closely track backup problems and areas for improvement.
Our approach to backup reporting:
- Quantitative data collection — Driven by technology-led tools, we install a data collector at your site that securely gathers backup-related information, with minimal impact on your environment. This data is sent over a secure connection to the StorageScape™ portal, hosted by Datalink.
- Round-the-clock access to key performance metrics — Our service provides you with detailed reports identifying restore bottlenecks and success and failure metrics. You have 24x7 access to the StorageScape portal, enabling you to proactively gauge the health of your environment and take corrective action as needed.
The benefits of backup reporting:
- Ongoing management — Measure the performance of your organization's backup technologies and pinpoint problems more quickly.
- In-depth information — Receive detailed reports that enable informed decisions concerning day-to-day operations, data protection planning, and future technology purchases.
- Visibility — Determine whether or not your company is meeting its service-level agreements.
- Compliance — Better adhere to company policies that govern the integrity of the data.
Managed backup service overview
Datalink’s managed backup service provides 24x7 monitoring and management of your backup infrastructure, so you can focus your internal resources on strategic initiatives. We handle the backup management, while you remain in control of your infrastructure, architecture, catalogs, and data.
Our approach to managed backup:
- Expert management – Datalink backup managers have extensive experience in designing backup architectures, troubleshooting issues, and supporting technologies from leading vendors.
- Round-the-clock access to key performance metrics – Our service provides you with detailed reports on the health, reliability, and performance of your backup infrastructure. You have 24x7 access to the StorageScape portal, enabling you to remain completely aware of what is happening with your backup environment.
The benefits of managed backup:
- Data protection – Free your staff from the day-to-day burden of managing backups, while ensuring your systems are fully protected.
- Prompt resolution – Receive response to incidents within 30 minutes from the time the issue is identified or reported. Restores are initiated within 30 minutes.
- Predictable costs – Pay for our service based on a “work unit” level of effort, not a per server, gigabyte, or network transfer basis as with traditional managed services.
Our backup and recovery services are driven by robust data protection and recovery management software, hosted by Datalink and powered by APTARE® StorageConsole®. This proven technology is part of StorageScape, our suite of tools designed to help organizations better optimize their backup operations.
Download SolutionScape backup and recovery services collateral
Gain a strategic focus by eliminating backup hassles. Let Datalink optimize your backup operations.
From strategy to support, Datalink works closely with you to maximize the value of your IT investments.
Find objective insights regarding the latest data center techniques and technologies.