Capacity Assessment Services - Data Center Consolidation
Overcome today's capacity challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s storage needs – reducing costs and improving efficiency throughout.
Capacity services overview
As your capacity needs continue growing exponentially, we offer services and solutions that help you address your ever-changing capacity requirements. From optimizing storage utilization to driving greater savings with increased efficiencies, our capacity management and planning services deliver immediate benefits while adding long-term value to the data center.
- Reduce capital expenditures on new storage by maximizing utilization of existing storage – We help you reclaim unused and underutilized storage to defer the cost of purchasing additional capacity until absolutely necessary.
- Categorize storage utilization by business application or business unit – Managing your storage around applications and business units provides greater visibility into your overall storage environment, helping identify storage demands, recognize over-provisioned hosts, and allocate capacity more effectively.
- Proactively reduce storage requirements – By applying storage efficiency technologies like thin provisioning and de-duplication to over-provisioned applications, we can significantly enhance your existing storage infrastructure.
- Forecast capacity needs to avoid spot buying – We can help you identify current utilization patterns and see trends – so you can align storage purchases with corporate purchasing cycles and prevent emergency storage purchases.
- Greater application availability
- Increased visibility of your entire storage infrastructure
- Instantaneous views of capacity usage
- Optimized capacity for mission-critical applications
- See over-provisioning
- More accurate ROI projections for technology solutions
- Enhanced storage management
Capacity services offered
Capacity Manager Reporting Service – Through tools-assisted analysis and engineering expertise, the capacity manager reporting service provides clear insight into how you are currently using your storage resources, enabling you to take proactive measures to maximize existing capacity and delay or reduce future storage purchases. With the reports provided through this service, you can:
- Project storage utilization over time
- Drive efficient storage utilization
- Improve application availability
- Provide chargeback reporting
Capacity planning services – Our capacity audits and assessments provide in-depth analysis of your storage utilization, enabling you to more effectively plan future storage purchases and optimize your current storage infrastructure.
- Capacity Audit – The capacity audit includes several deliverables:
- A kickoff meeting that defines the project scope
- Installation of the management tool at your site for data collection
- Report generation with data analysis
- Findings document and recommendations for improvement
- Capacity Assessment – The capacity assessment features everything from the audit, plus an additional, more detailed qualitative analysis by Datalink experts, including:
- Strategic guidance on how you can increase efficiencies and drive savings within your enterprise storage infrastructure
- Tactical, unbiased recommendations spanning technologies and proposed solution designs, processes required, and implications for existing resources
- Roadmap for the future
From strategy to support, Datalink works closely with you to maximize the value of your IT investments.
Objective insights regarding the latest data center techniques and technologies.